Graduate School Resources
CSUF GRADUATE SCHOOL RESOURCES
- Enhancing Postbaccalaureate Opportunities at Cal State Fullerton for Hispanic Students (EPOCHS)
- Health Professions Advising Office, CSUF
- McNairs Scholars Program, CSUF
- Office of Graduate Studies, CSUF
CAREER INFORMATION/CAREER EXPLORATION
The following resources will assist you in identifying and researching different career options, but most importantly they will provide you information on the requirements and educational background needed to pursue those careers.
Fergusons Online Career Guidance Database - accessible on-campus and off-campus through your student portal at www.fullerton.edu/career
- Click on the blue banner that says Online Career Guidance
O’Net Online- Developed by the U.S. Department of Labor- This site provides detailed occupational information. Can search by keyword or conduct a career search based on skills.
- To access this website go to:http://online.onetcenter.org/
Occupational Outlook Handbook - Website created by the U.S. Department of Labor. This site provides descriptions of many occupations.
- To access this website go to: http://www.bls.gov/oco/
GRADUATE SCHOOL PROGRAM INFORMATION & GRADUATE SCHOOL PREPARATIONThe following resources will assist you in identifying graduate programs in your chosen field and can assist you with the application process.
- Eureka- a database accessible only thorough the Career Center’s Computer Lab Search under the 'Colleges/Universities' or 'Majors and Programs' tab. This database allows you to search for graduate schools based on specific criteria
- Graduate Guide- online search engine that will assist you in your graduate school search, this search engine will list graduate programs across the nation. www.graduateguide.com
- Grad Schools- www.gradschools.com
- Masters in Nursing programs- www.bestnursingdegree.com/programs/masters-in-nursing/
- Petersons Guide- www.petersons.com
- The Princeton Review- www.princetonreview.com/home.asp
- My Plan- Provides career, occupation, graduate school and assessment information http://www.myplan.com/
- Mapping Your Future- www.mappingyourfuture.org/
- Grad School Tips- www.gradschooltips.com
- Educationdegree.com- www.educationdegree.com
- Informationtechnologydegree.com- www.informationtechnologydegree.com
- Free Application for Federal Student Aid- www.fafsa.ed.gov/ You can begin to apply as of January 1st Deadline is March 1st
- Fergusons Online Career Guidance Database- has various scholarship information www.fullerton.edu
- Eureka Database- great database with various scholarship information (accessible only through the Career Center’s computer Lab)
- Scholarships- www.scholarships-grants.net/
Graduate and Professional School Fair
Be sure to plan to attend the Graduate and Professional School Fair that will be held each fall. Check this website's home/calendar page for details.
Preparing for your Graduate School Interviews
Many graduate school programs require an interview as part of the admissions process. The Career Center offers two options to assist you. InterviewStream is a program that allows you to practice your interview in front of a camera and submit the recorded session to a counselor for review. You will select from a list of questions and then record your answers. Please contact the Career Center at (657) 278-3121 for an appointment.
You also have the option to conduct a mock interview with a career counselor, your session will be recorded on a DVD so you can review your session at a later time. To schedule an appointment for a mock interview please contact the Career Center at (657) 278-3121 for an appointment.
If you need assistance using any of our graduate school resources or would like to meet with a counselor to discuss your options please call the Career Center and ask for an appointment to meet with Debbie Darling or e-mail email@example.com.
Good luck in pursuing your graduate education!!