Academic internships are an opportunity for you to gain work experience in a field that is closely connected to your academic program. You must be enrolled in an internship class prior to beginning your academic internship.
For more information on academic internships please visit the Center for Internships and Community Engagement (CICE) at www.fullerton.edu/cice, in Langsdorf Hall 206, or by calling (657) 278-3746. If your major requires an internship, you will need to contact the faculty internship coordinator for your program.
How do I find an Internship?
Before you even begin looking for an internship you should create a résumé and cover letter and have them reviewed by a counselor in the Career Center. Having a résumé ready enables you to promptly submit it to any internship that becomes available, which avoids missing opportunities. Create your résumé today by utilizing the Titan Résumé Builder and then upload your résumé to your Titan Connection to directly apply for internships.
To access Titan Résumé Builder, login to your student portal and click the "Career Center" link.
Look for internships in various places
- Network - friends, family, professors, current employment
- Informational interviews
- Job search engines
- Company websites, city websites, county websites
- Campus Events such as.
- Internship and Job Fair (fall and spring)
- Career Center Events
- Company information sessions
- Schedule an appointment with the Intern & Part-time Employ- ment Specialist in the Career Center by calling (657) 278-3121.
For a listing of available internships, login to the Titan Connection jobs database.
- Login to your student portal
- Click on "Career Center"
- Go to "Jobs and Internships"
- Click on "View Job & Internship Postings on Titan Connection"
You will be able to do an advanced search for "Academic Internships" or "Intern" postings.
Be sure to upload your résumé to the documents section of Titan Connection to be able to apply for opportunities directly.