What can I do with this degree?
- Literature Professor
- English Teacher, Elementary, Middle School and High School
- Book Reviewer
- Editorial Assistant
- Tour Guides
- Translator/ Interpreter
- Lawyer (Contracts/Publishing Contracts)
- Curriculum Developer
- Developing teaching materials
- Library management.
- School districts
- Private and public school
- Universities and colleges
- Many school districts in specific states require a teaching credential
- Many colleges and universities require a master's degree in order to teach introduction classes
- A PhD is preferred for this area
- Curriculum developers require previous experience working in the teaching field
- Librarians must receive a certificate or degree in library science.
- Legal assistance
- Paralegal services
- Private law firms
- Public attorneys
- National court systems
- A J.D from an ABA accredited law school is required for practicing law
- Paralegals need experience working in a law firm or have good organizational skills
- In order to be a certified courtroom interpreter, you must master a second language.
- Book publishing
- Newspaper journalism
- Large/small book publishing houses
- national newspapers/magazines
- Intern with a book publishing house or other print journalism sector (magazine/newspaper).
- www.edjoin.org California School Districts
- www.socalherc.org Southern California Higher Education Employment Database
- www.usajobs.gov Federal Government Jobs
Prepared by the Career Planning staff of Career Services at The University of
Tennessee, Knoxville. (2007)
UTK is an EEO/AA/Title VI/Title IX/Section 504/ADA/ADEA Employer